English Scholars Beyond Borders’ second international conference will take place on:
February 5 -7, 2015
Hosted by: DEPARTMENT OF WESTERN LANGUAGES FACULTY OF HUMANITIES AND INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE FOR SUSTAINABILITY STUDIESSRINAKHARINWIROT UNIVERSITY, BANGKOK, THAILAND
English Scholars Beyond Borders is a non-profit circle of international academics. The aim of ESBB conferences is to assemble English teachers and scholars from across the globe to expand metaphorical and epistemological horizons. While the conference theme is English Beyond Borders, our intention is always to embrace diversity and to support teachers grappling with local EFL issues. Presenters wishing to discuss a very local issue with international specialists are most welcome.
Proposals for the Taiwan conference (June, 2016) will be requested soon.
For those wishing to plan ahead, proposals should include: brief biodata, a 50-75 word abstract and a one page summary of approximately 300 words.
Possible Themes include but are not limited to:
- crossing interdisciplinary borders;
- approaches to language and language teaching with relevance across borders and disciplines;
- new approaches to any applied linguistic discipline that expands horizons in fields such as materials design, approaches to assessment;
- making connections between different aspects of our field;
- a local EFL/ESL/EIL issue preferably but not obligatorily related by any of the themes above;
- Integrated curriculum including content and language integrated learning (CLIL)
- (ESBB is a totally not-for-profit academic circle and as such neither any member nor the circle itself benefits in any way financially from the conference.)