A big thank you to all who helped make our inaugural conference in Izmir such a successful interactive event embracing our core values of embracing diversity and crossing borders. The next conference will take place in February 2015 in JAIPUR, India. (Details to follow in May on this page.)
The English Beyond Borders Convention, Izmir
March 20-22, 2014
hosted by Dokuz Eylül University School of Education, İzmir Turkey http://www.deu.edu.tr/DEUWeb/English/Icerik/Icerik.php?KOD=23
with the support of English Scholars Beyond Borders who will review, edit and publish the conference proceedings online on their website.
The aim of the conference is to assemble scholars from across the globe to share ideas and expand our epistemological horizons. While the conference theme is English Beyond Borders, this can be understood in the broadest possible sense as our intention is to embrace epistemological diversity in English education and research.
A broad range of guest speakers from around the globe: Confirmed Guest Speakers
The conference hotel is the Ege Palas: [Special conference rate - when booking via the link below make sure you mention the conference participation - single room :75 euros, double room: 95 Euros] :
Topics will address the Beyond Borders theme explicitly in relation to English as an International Language, international publishing or cross cultural research but also include:
- crossing interdisciplinary borders;
- embracing holistic approaches to language and language teaching with relevance across borders and disciplines;
- studies which critically investigate academic publishing from the perspectives of authors, reviewers/editors, and Open Access;
- new approaches to any applied linguistic discipline that expands horizons in the field such as materials design, approaches to assessment,;
- making connections between different aspects of our field;
- a local innovation or local action research preferably but not obligatorily inspired by any of the themes above;
- Integrated curriculum including content and language integration
Registration fees: $200 for presenters, $50 to attend without presenting.
Buca Faculty of Education, Dokuz Eylül University
View DEÜ Buca Eğitim Fakültesi in a larger map