ENGLISH SCHOLARS BEYOND BORDERS
ESBB is a strictly not-for-profit academic circle of international scholars. One of its core values is that no member may benefit financially in any way from ESBB events or activities. The website (http://www.englishscholarsbeyondborders.org/) is financed only by small and voluntary personal contributions of its members. The site is deliberately kept as simple as possible and we do not seek any sponsorship or financial support of any kind for its maintenance.
The academic aim of our organization and our conferences is to assemble scholars from across the globe to share ideas and expand epistemological horizons. ESBB therefore emphasizes new contributions to existing knowledge and looks for connections between disciplines. While the broad background theme is always linked to English Scholarship Beyond Borders, this can be understood in the broadest possible sense as our intention is to embrace diversity in English education and research. ESBB provides guest speakers from a broad variety of locations and cultures and can also assist in consultancy work.
ESBB embraces non-blind peer review. It publishes an annual journal issue. All conference presenters are welcome to submit a paper, but must be prepared to fully engage in dialogic review of their own paper and participate in the review of one or two other papers. There is an initial screening prior to full non-blind dialogic review. There will be a presentation about this at each event and conference. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Next Conference – Jalandhar, India, 6 – 9 March, 2019
We are delighted to announce our next (2019) conference at Kanya Maha Vidyalaya College: http://www.kmvjla.org/ More details will follow shortly.
Last Conference – Toyama, Japan, 23 -25 March, 2018.
Information about our 5th annual conference in Japan is still available at our conference link
A special thank you to the exceptional team led by Theron Muller in Toyama. A friendly and unforgettable conference with a high quality of participation.
ESBB co-organizes an annual conference, each event in a different international location. We have agreements with hosts until 2019. We will be meeting in Jalandhar (India) in February 2019. Offers beyond 2019 are under consideration with South Africa (Cape Town) and Oman as possible destination. Please do get in touch if you are interested in hosting a future event (email@example.com)
The 4th annual conference was organized by Naeema Hann in Leeds, UK in May, 2017. The third ESBB international conference took place from May 19 -22, 2016. It was hosted by the Department of English Language, Providence University, in Taichung, Taiwan, jointly organized by Professor Wen-chi Vivian Wu of Providence University and Dr Gloria Shu Mei Chwo, Associate Professor at Hungkuang University in Taichung.
Papers may now be submitted for the next ESBB journal issue. Anyone who has participated in one of our events may submit a paper.
- All papers submitted will be subject to an initial screening by a small ESBB committee. At this stage we may decide not to review a paper. We will always explain this decision to authors.
- All publications are open access and will be displayed on this site.
- ESBB practices (and researches into) NON-Blind review. Authors who submit must be prepared to participate in a small review team supervised by an ESBB editor in which dialogic review will be practiced.
- The final decision about acceptance is taken by the ESBB editor but will be fully discussed with the author and reviewers.
- Papers which require more time to process may be published in a later issue.
- ESBB issues are not conference proceedings and conference attendees do not have the automatic right to have a paper published in our journal issues, but are always welcome to submit.
All previous issues are available at the dedicated links at the top of this page.